Saturday, August 24, 2013

No Fun Fun Run

Well, I was afraid of this.  We spoke of this.  Heat starting on the rise and humidity back in full force. The summers are suppose to be hot and humid. You get used to it and you keep on running.  I did that.

But then Mother Nature decided to have some fun.  It got cooler and started to rain and rain and rain. With that the humidity increased to an unbearable level.  It really makes it tough to run.  The coolness of the air feels good for about the first mile and a half but then the humidity starts to get you.  What should be fun turns into a grind.  I love to run, I was "Born To Run."  It seems cruel that Mother N would take it away from me and make me just grit it out and make it through a run.  No fun, right?

Oh, there with be some small stretches where I can feel light and free, a runner out on the town.  Then that blanket wraps around me and tries to smother me. At the end of the run, when generally that is when I can smile, I am so spent that it does not seem I can recover for the rest of my evening (or day) but once again just keep moving.

Now that the heat is rising to meet the humidity.  Now I must readjust to the heat. It is tough.  I must be tough and endure.  I want to run.  I need to run.  I push myself out there, but I should not have to push so hard.  But I do. Sometimes it just is not fun.  Missing those runs is not fun either.

Keep going out there, right?  Look around at the scenery, let my mind wonder, keep the feet moving, and endure.

What do you think?
Zippy

No comments:

Post a Comment