Sunday, September 8, 2013

SOCKS -yes socks

Socks are a simple thing, but they are important to us runners.  I had gotten to the point where I had a bunch of socks that didn't match.  These were my every day running socks.  Well, I have found a good use for these lone soldiers that refused to run away even though their partner did. You can take one of these lone socks with you when you run and use it as a sweat wipe.  They are absorbent, can fit over your hand if you wish, and if you lose it, it is OK.

Anyway back to what I was saying about socks.  The old mix is out and I have replaced them with all new socks.  I ordered Puma’s runner socks from Amazon.  Anything for runners seems to have a high price tag these days.  They make cool stuff for us and sell it to us at a premium.  These socks were the most cost effective and came in a pack of 6 pairs. So, I ordered 4 packs.  Now when my running socks come out of the laundry I can throw them into my runner sock cube and pairs don’t matter because they all match.  Great plan, huh.
 
These seem to be good enough and not at a silly price.  I did 12.5 miles today in a pair of them and they were fine.  Check them out on Amazon; they come in white and black.

I do have some special ones that I like to race in.  My favorites are the EURO socks.  They seem to be comfortable and keep away blisters.  Because I just race in them and do not run my training runs in them I do not need as many of them.  They run (get it run) about $10.  That is crazy.

What do you think?

Zippy

No comments:

Post a Comment