Thursday, October 24, 2013

Going to Ragnar

Today I head to Tennessee for the Chattanooga to Nashville.  I get to meet my team of super heroes this evening. We are the Mighty Power Strangers. It is exciting. Racing in the streets.

Did I mention cold?  Cold temperatures are expected up in those mountains. This means you got to pack more running clothes to layer up with. Everything in my suit case is something that I can run in.  Three pairs of shoes, two in the suite case and wearing one. We start Friday morning at 7:30am and should finish about 1:30pm Saturday afternoon. My three legs are about every ten hours.  My last one is about 8am on Saturday and it is really going to be cold then.  That is also the leg that I will question my sanity. Cold, tired, and mentally whacky; sounds like it could be the basis for a PR
.
Looking forward to meeting this group of strangers.  I am runner 7 and in van #2. All new team mates except for one member who will be in van one. Meeting and running with strangers brings an extra air of mystery and excitement. You spend a lot of time with your van mates, cheering them along and sharing tales. You can bond into a strong and a fun team.

Follow the fun on Twitter at #powerstrangers and #ragnartn.

Talk to you on the other side.

What do you think?

Zippy

No comments:

Post a Comment